Sir Richard Branson, British billionaire, was in Las Cruces, NM last Friday Oct. 22nd for the New Mexico Spaceport Authority’s official dedication of the first runway at the Spaceport America. This dedication is a huge milestone for the Spaceport, securing its place in history and at the leading edge of Space travel technology.
The runways was officially christened as the Gov. Bill Richardson runway in honor of the Governor’s hard work in making the Spaceport dream a reality.
Here are some great links if you’d like to read more about the Spaceport runway dedication:
- Las Cruces Bulletin: Spaceport Runway Christened by Todd G. Dickson
- Virgin Galactic: Spaceport America Runway Dedication
- Spaceport America: Spaceport Runway Dedication Includes Sir Richard Branson and NM Governor Richardson
- Las Cruces Sun News: Runway dedicated to Gov. Richardson
- El Paso Times: New Era Draws Closer
You can also see some exciting footage of the dedication in these videos:
Contact me today at 575-523-2500 if you’d like to hear more about the Spaceport America and for more information about all that Las Cruces, New Mexico has to offer. Picacho Mountain features spectacular Custom Homes, Patio Homes, Town Homes, Neighborhood Retail, Boutique Hotel and more!