Las Cruces, New Mexico
Founded in 1849, Las Cruces, New Mexico culture, music, and arts reaches back at least 4,000 years. Native American Indians, Spanish explorers, Mexican colonists, American settlers, and Wild West outlaws have all called the Mesilla Valley home.
The indelible mark of each culture can be seen in Las Cruces today. This crossroads of cultures makes Las Cruces one of the most interesting and culture rich places you will find in the United States. Las Cruces is also home to one of the a nationally recognized symphony orchestra, plus many museums, more than 40 galleries, and over 200 artists.
Discover these great cultural experiences and so much more:
Enrich your life with community events like:
- The Downtown Farmers’ and Crafts Market of Las Cruces – Voted “Number One Large Farmers Market in the Nation” in America’s Farmland Trust’s 2011 nationwide poll.
- New Mexico State Fair
- Hatch Chile Festival
- Downtown Las Cruces SalsaFest
- Monuments to Main Street
- The Las Cruces Chile Drop
- Diez y Seis de Septiembre Fiesta
- Harvest Wine Festival
- Mesilla Valley Jazz Happening
- NMSU Sports Events
- The Las Cruces Home Builders Association: Showcase of Homes
- So much more!