If you’ve been following our blog, you already know how passionate I am about the commercial spaceflight industry and all the benefits that the Spaceport America is going to bring to the Las Cruces, New Mexico region. Next week Las Cruces will host one of the most important gathering for the spaceport industry: the International Symposium for Personal and Commercial Spaceflight (ISPCS).
If you’d like to attend this entire event Oct. 20-21 at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum, register soon. They are expecting a sold out event.
Also part of the ISPCS, the New Mexico Space Grant Consortium will host the fifth annual FREE ISPCS Public Forum (previously named the Leonard R. Sugerman Public Forum) on Tuesday, October 19th, 1:30-3:00 at the Pan American Center. This event is free and open to the public. Registration is not required, but you can rsvp at email@example.com or 575-646-6414.
Discover how the future of commercial spaceflight will impact our community. The mayor of Titusville Florida will present on what happened when NASA came to town. Local mayors will discuss what preparations they are making as Spaceport America becomes operational. Speakers include:
12:00 – 1:15 NMSU Public Forum Sponsored by: New Mexico Space Grant Consortium, ASNMSU, and Las Cruces Bulletin
- Pat Hynes, ISPCS Chair and Director of New Mexico Space Grant Consortium
- George Whitesides, CEO, Virgin Galactic
- Message from Richard Branson
- NMSU Student Researcher – Doug Weathers – Student Launch Program
- NMSU Student Researcher – Ivan Ferrell – Microgravity Program
- NMSU Student Researcher – Selene Virk – Research Scholarship
- Mark Severance, ISS National Laboratory Education Projects Manager
- Clay Anderson, NASA Astronaut, STS-117, STS-131, ISS
- Aaron Prescott, Commercial Division Director, Spaceport America
1:30 – 3:00 Community Public Forum Sponsored by: Steinborn TCN Commercial Real Estate, Bohannan Huston Inc, and Village of Hatch
- John Hummer, CCIM Owner/Broker, Steinborn TCN Commercial Real Estate
- Mayor Tulley, Titusville FL
- Mayor Miyagishima, Las Cruces, NM
- Mayor Montgomery, Truth or Consequences, NM
- Mayor Nordyke, Hatch, NM
Hope to see you there!
Contact us today at 575-523-2500 for more information about all that Las Cruces, New Mexico has to offer and the spectacular custom homes at Picacho Mountain. Custom Homes, Patio Homes, Town Homes, Neighborhood Retail, Boutique Hotel and more!