Thank you to everyone who attended the 2009 Picacho Mountain & Friends Geology Hike on Picacho Peak. It was a great success.
Here are some links to photos of the event, the powerpoint presentation and other useful information about geology in Southern New Mexico.
- Picacho Peak Hike Photos
- Picacho Mountain Geology Hike PowerPoint Presentation
- Vicki Harder’s Web Site (lots of great information and links about geology)
Here is a list of the books that we used to prepare the presentation:
- Roadside Geology of New Mexico by Halka Chronic
- Day Hikes and Nature Walks in the Las Cruces – El Paso Area by Greg Magee
- New Mexico Blue Book 2005-2006 by Rebecca Vigil-Giron
Be sure to our blog often as we will be posting more information about the geology surrounding Picacho Mountain.
We’d also like to extend a special note of thanks to our local geologist Vicki Harder and marine geologist David Rea for attending this event and sharing their knowledge of geology with us!
If you attended the hike, we’d love to hear your comments. What was your favorite part of the hike? What would you like us to do differently next time?
Please contact us if you would like more information about future hiking or geology events or information about the custom homes for sale in Las Cruces, New Mexico at Picacho Mountain.